1. Sell your customers on the role print plays in an effective marketing strategy. This article in Forbes will help: “The Art Of The Leave-Behind.”
2. Print companies that had double-digit growth last year supported their sales efforts with marketing collateral (Infotrends). Content is king. Educational, engaging, thought leadership promotes credibility and sticks around. Sales literature does neither.
3. Sell client retention programs. Why?
- They offer a truly unique selling proposition.
- Program selling rather than job selling
- A wealth of content to support retention over acquisition spend.
- Scalable program regarding frequency, channels, and media.
- No learning curve for sales staff.
It’s easier to sell a retention program than other traditional marketing programs. More details in this September Printing News article. I also offer a program to help with this. Happy to provide a free consultation.